Years in Practice: 30+
Years with Current Firm: 10
Specialty or Industry Focus: Financial Institutions, Media, Technology, Industrial
Cary Thompson is Executive Vice Chairman of Global Investment Banking for Bank of America Merrill Lynch. Thompson currently advises numerous public and private companies on a variety of transactions including mergers and acquisitions, capital raising and restructuring with a specific focus on financial institutions, industrial, technology and media companies. Thompson has completed over $1 trillion in transactions during his career.
Recent transactions include the announced $6.5 billion acquisition of Dun & Bradstreet by a consortium including CC Capital, the sale of the Los Angeles Clippers to Steve Ballmer for $2 billion, FIS’s $9.2 billion acquisition of SunGard, Global Payments’ $4.8 billion purchase of Heartland, and TPG’s majority investment in the Creative Artists Agency. Thompson joined Bank of America a decade ago from Bear Stearns where he served as Senior Managing Director. He ran investment banking for Bear Stearns on the West Coast and has been a senior financial institutions and media industry investment banker since the 1980s.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Influential Investment Bankers in Los Angeles: Ryan Caswell
- Global Crossing Lawsuit Settled
- LA 500: Rebecca Rothstein
- Influential Investment Bankers in Los Angeles: Ed Han
- Boutique Firms Stock Up On Wall Street Refugees
- Management Shuffle Shakes Up Long-Stable Bear, Sterns
- The Most Influential Wealth Managers In Los Angeles: REBECCA ROTHSTEIN
- Most Influential Investment Bankers: Aaron Solganick