Bill Goodwin is the General Counsel at AirMap, a start-up powering the future of low-altitude flight, where he manages the legal and policy teams. He is an expert in the area of state and local Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) regulation. Goodwin is a frequent speaker on the legal and policy issues associated with drones, including testifying before the United States Congress. Recently, he has spoken at BridgeSF, the FAA UAS Symposium, and the US Chamber of Commerce: “Digital Infrastructure and Transformative Technologies.”
Goodwin has worked with elected and appointed officials at the federal, state, and local level to understand the impact of regulation on the drone economy. Goodwin demonstrated outstanding unmanned aviation legal and policy expertise as he led AirMap to be selected in six out of ten applications to participate in the U.S. Department of Transportation’s UAS Integration Pilot Program (IPP).
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Patrick Soon-Shiong Innovation Awards 2017: WINNER - AIRMAP
- Startup Aims to Speed Drone Flight Approvals
- AirMap Names Former FCC Chairman to Board
- AirMap Raises Funding for Drone Airspace Map
- AeroVironment Lands Drone Venture
- AirMap Acquires Hangar Technology
- L.A. Companies Get Drone Filming Permits
- New FAA Guidance May Lift Drone Companies