Nicole Duckett built the Clippers’ legal department from the ground up as the organization’s first in-house counsel. She is the NBA’s first woman of color to serve as chief legal officer, and a key member of the largest female leadership team in the NBA. Duckett advises on all strategies related to protecting the business and focuses on innovations in new media, digital platforms and broadcasting. She also oversees the L.A. Clippers Foundation as its President.
Duckett has demonstrated a commitment to increasing diversity in the legal profession through her work with non-profit organizations, including the Fulfillment Fund and F.A.S.T. Track, as well as her leadership at the Clippers. With the Clippers, Duckett led the development and creation of entirely new contract templates across all departments, creating central repositories and intake processes, formal advisory protocols and audits for internal stakeholders. She also developed key relationships with gold standard outside counsel and much more.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Private Small Company In-House Counsel of the Year - Nicole Duckett
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Corporate Counsel Awards: PRIVATE COMPANY CORPORATE COUNSEL
- Women's Leadership Awards: Finalists
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Public Small Company In-House Counsel of the Year - Jennifer Banks
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Corporate Counsel Awards: PUBLIC COMPANY CORPORATE COUNSEL
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Nicole Diaz
- Los Angeles Business Journal Women's Council: Enterprise Executive of the Year Award WINNER - GILLIAN ZUCKER
- Leaders in Law 2018 In-House Counsel of the Year Finalists: Nicole Diaz