Dave Holmquist has been an important member of the LA Unified School District’s senior leadership team, since coming to the District in 2003. He was appointed General Counsel on October 1, 2009 by Superintendent Ramon Cortines. In this role he leads the District’s legal office, oversees all litigation for the District and serves as Counsel to the Board of Education. In addition to leading the District’s legal office, he also manages the Office of Government Relations, the Office of Labor Relations and the Student Safety Investigation Team, leading a staff of approximately 200 employees.
Under Holmquist’s leadership, the OGC is an ethical, high performance legal department with high professional standards and integrity that provides first class legal service to the teachers, supervisors and administrators who support the District’s 700,000 plus students. Before his selection as General Counsel, Holmquist served as Chief Operating Officer, which included duties such as leading Information Technology, Finance, Crisis Counseling, and more.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders in Law 2018 In-House Counsel of the Year Finalists: David Robert Holmquist
- Our View
- District Taps Pillsbury Winthrop To Guide Belmont Construction
- School Attendance Matters to Whole Community
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Corporate Counsel Awards: PRIVATE COMPANY CORPORATE COUNSEL
- Austin Beutner
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Corporate Counsel Awards: PUBLIC COMPANY CORPORATE COUNSEL
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Government/Municipal In-House Counsel of the Year - Victor King