Courtney Powers, VP and General Counsel for GRACE, serves on the board of Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles and the UCLA Law Alumni Association. She previously served on the Los Angeles Commission on the Status of Women. She has helped form the National Foster Youth Institute, a non-profit organization in Washington D.C. dedicated to improving the well being of foster youth.
Powers previously served as Vice President of Public Policy for the Daughters of Charity Health System (DCHS). At DCHS Powers played a leadership role in shaping and executing DCHS’ public policy agenda. She led the creation and administration of the Right to Health Project, a medical-legal partnership at St. Francis Medical Center providing legal services to low-income community members.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: JANA LUBERT
- Firms Making S-l-o-w Progress on Diversity in Hiring
- Los Angeles Business Journal Women's Council: Women Leading the Way: Corporate Citizen WINNER - WENDY SPINNER
- Los Angeles Business Journal Women's Council: Panelists & Speakers
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Jana Lubert
- Leaders in Law 2018: LACBA Offers Independent Juvenile Defender Program
- Adviser to Villaraigosa Moves to Kaye Scholer
- Women's Council & Awards 2018: Panelists & Speakers