Michael Alvarado is FivePoint’s Chief Legal Officer. He actively manages all legal affairs for FivePoint, as well as managing FivePoint’s risk management, purchasing/contracting and human resource functions. His role includes overseeing all legal matters related to the entitlement, development, sales, leasing and financing of the Company’s real estate holdings within the communities owned and managed by FivePoint, as well as all corporate governance and compliance matters for FivePoint, a publicly-traded company listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
The past year has seen Alvarado guide FivePoint through a series of notable accomplishments, including: regulatory approvals and a landmark legal settlement that advanced the Newhall Ranch community development project in Los Angeles County. He also led FivePoint’s successful May 2017 initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange, and its ensuing $500 million senior notes offering in November 2017. He also guided FivePoint through its acquisition of the Broadcom Campus (now known as FivePoint Gateway) for $443 million in August 2017.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders in Law 2018 In-House Counsel of the Year Finalists: Michael Alvarado
- Emile Haddad
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Jason P. Lee
- High Times to List OTC
- Boxwood Merger Raises $200 Million in IPO
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Peter E. Braveman
- Leaders in Law 2018 In-House Counsel of the Year Finalists: Peter E. Braveman
- Gemstar Softens Approach, but Wall Street Is Still Wary