Children’s Bureau provides child abuse prevention and treatment services to at-risk children and parents each year through 20 community sites located in Los Angeles and Orange County. Eighty-six percent of the families served are low income.
Protecting vulnerable children through prevention, treatment, and advocacy.
In 2017, Children’s Bureau helped 40,000 vulnerable children and parents gain confidence, develop social connections with others in their community and increased their potential to be a positive force at home and in their neighborhoods.
Chair, Ernst & Young LLP
Vice Chair, AECOM
Vice Chair, Shelli Herman & Associates
Vice Chair, Capital World Investors
Marilyn “Mindy” Stein
Vice Chair, Tikun Olam Foundation
Treasurer, Oaktree Capital Management
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (retired)
Sandra V. Naftzger
N3 Cattle Company LLC
DaVita Medical Group
Morrison & Foerster LLP
James St. Aubin
MUFG Union Bank
DineEquity, Inc. (retired)
Traylor Brothers, Inc.
Volunteers are an important part of Children’s Bureau as they help further the agency’s mission by generously providing their talent and resources while also serving as brand ambassadors. Volunteer opportunities include:
• Read books, tutor and lead educational activities via our library program.
• Enlist your friends and coworkers to volunteer at seasonal family events.
• Actively participate on one of our fundraising event planning committees.
• Become a resource parent to a foster child by giving them a safe and nurturing home.
Children’s Bureau offers donors a variety of ways to invest in our child abuse prevention work including:
• Donate to our Annual Appeal Campaign
• Increase your gift through your company’s Matching Gift Program
• Design a Corporate Partnership with Children’s Bureau that meets your stakeholders and brand objectives
• Ensure Children’s Bureau future stability through the legacy of a Planned Gift
• Attend or sponsor one of our Special Events
• Organize your own fundraising campaign through Team all4kids
• Join our vibrant networking group of Young Professionals
GOALS FOR 2019
• Ensure up to 400 children annually have safe and nurturing homes through foster care and adoptions.
• Up to 600 children will complete School Readiness programs annually, receive screening for potential developmental delays and referral for more in-depth services as needed.
• Up to 400 parents will participate in family enrichment programming to improve their social supports and resources, family functioning and parenting skills.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.