The American Heart Association is a national organization, with the Los Angeles County Division serving the neighborhoods of Los Angeles County.
To be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives.
• Increased park use and activities in South LA’s Harvard Park in the year since we launched our Community STEPS collaboration with the LAPD’s Community Safety Partnership
• Student Farmers Markets in The Accelerated School, Santee High School and Lincoln High School offer fresh, affordable produce in their neighborhoods
• We invested over $12 million in 62 scientific researchers in LA County
Affiliate Development Officer
Vice President of Health Strategies
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Hooper, Lundy and Bookman
John Gordon Harold, MD
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Keck Medicine of USC
Compton Unified School District
Deloitte & Touche LLC
Ravi Dave, MD
Ernst & Young LLP
Hospital Association of Southern CA
Adventist Health Glendale
L.A. Care Health Plan
City National Bank
Ray Matthews, MD
Keck Medicine of USC
David Pryor, MD
Anthem Blue Cross
Jessica Sims, MD
Regal Medical Group
Go Red For Women Wellness Retreat and Executive Luncheon
Held on International Women’s Day, enjoy an empowering morning with a wellness expo, beauty corner, fitness sessions, health panels, networking and a healthy lunch.
March 8, 2019 • westdrift Manhattan Beach • Laura Baker, (213) 291-7051, firstname.lastname@example.org lagored.heart.org
Rock the Red Music Benefit
A musical celebration to amplify the message of Go Red For Women and unite Los Angeles around efforts to advance equity, awareness and action for women’s health.
May 2019 • Date, location and special celebrity guest performers TBA • Laura Baker, (213) 291-7051, email@example.com
Heart & Stroke Ball
Celebrating efforts to build a foundation of health justice and equity in every Los Angeles neighborhood.
June 15, 2019 • Taglyan Complex Hollywood • Lauren Hall, (213) 291-7107, firstname.lastname@example.org
A 5K walk to end heart disease and stroke, the No. 1 and No. 2 killers in LA County. Form a company team, or team up with friends and family. Walk as a heart disease or stroke survivor. Walk in honor of a loved one.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: CARDIOLOGY
- More Suffering in Store for Areas Lacking Big Grocery Chains
- Partners Set Stage for TV, Film Industry Coverage
- Health Care Leadership Forum & Awards 2018: Health Leaders Calls for Improvements in Research to Combat Obesity Epidemic
- PATRICK SOON-SHIONG, MD
- Best Places to Work 2019: Employee Benefits - Wellness Counts in Building a Culture that Lasts!
- Infinity West Apartments in Hollywood Sold for $23.7 Million
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide 2018: APLA Health