We believe that the 100 years of experience of the Society can be leveraged to make a difference in lower-income countries. This is why we have chosen to work across the full cancer continuum, predominantly in national referral hospitals, often the only facilities where cancer is currently addressed. We seek measurable results in countries where Ministries of Health, hospitals and civil society partners can make the most significant impact.
Save lives, celebrate lives and lead the fight for a world without cancer.
The American Cancer Society is a global grassroots force of 1.5 million volunteers dedicated to saving lives, celebrating lives, and leading the fight for a world without cancer. From breakthrough research, to free lodging near treatment, a 24/7/365 live helpline, free rides to treatment, and convening powerful activists to create awareness and impact, the Society is the attacking cancer from every angle.
The American Cancer Society has been conducting and funding cancer research since 1946. In that time, we have invested more than $4.6 billion in research spanning numerous areas, including how best to prevent and treat cancer, why and how cancer comes about, what cancer survivors need most, and how to ensure equal access to cancer care.
Executive Director, LA Central Coast Area
Senior Manager, Distinguished Events
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Chair of the Board
• Long Beach Gala “Reach for the Stars” on June 2, 2018 at Maya Hotel
• “California Spirit” Gala on July 15, 2018 at Sony Studios
• San Gabriel Valley “Hot Havana Night” Hope Gala on August 25, 2018 at a private residence
• Los Angeles “Giants of Science” Gala on October 18, 2018 at The SLS Hotel
• Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Los Angeles on October 13, 2018 at Grand Park
• Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Santa Monica on October 27, 2018 at the Santa Monica Pier
Want to do a lot of good with a little of your time? Whether it’s giving a cancer patient a ride to chemotherapy, helping with the planning of an event, putting together a team for Relay For Life®, or sending an email to friends and family about our cancer screening guidelines, there are multiple ways you can join the fight against cancer, see www.cancer.org for these and many more opportunities.
As an American Cancer Society volunteer you can honor a survivor or a loved one lost to cancer, help people in your local community, and join the fight to cure cancer. Your unique talents will make a real difference, and you can choose from volunteer positions that match your interests, offer flexible scheduling, and allow you to learn new skills. Join us and discover how rewarding it is to be an American Cancer Society volunteer.
• Lifesaving cancer research
• 24/7 patient support
• Local programs and services for patients and their families like lodging and transportation
• Programs for early detection and prevention
There are many giving opportunities such as Event Sponsorship, Corporate Giving, Planned Giving, Personal Fundraising, Memorial and Honor Giving, IRA Donations, and Air and Hotel Points just to name a few, for a complete list or to contact someone for assistance visit cancer.org.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: American Cancer Society - Culver City Office
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Cancer Awareness & Prevention: American Cancer Society’s CEOs Against Cancer
- Health Care Leadership Forum & Awards 2018: CEDARS-SINAI MEDICAL CENTER
- Cancer Awareness & Prevention: Cancer May be Tough – But LLS is Tougher
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Cancer Prevention Awareness: Cancer May be Tough, but We are Tougher