Alzheimer’s LA serves individuals and their families living with Alzheimer’s and other dementias in Los Angeles County and the Inland Empire.
Improving the lives of local families affected by Alzheimer’s & dementia by increasing awareness, delivering effective programs & services, providing compassionate support, and advocating for quality care and a cure.
Our award-winning programs helped healthcare organizations adopt tools, workflow processes, and strategies to better serve families affected by dementia. We trained 4,000+ professionals, receiving over 650 referrals from healthcare professionals.
Heather Cooper Ortner
President and CEO
Dr. Debra Cherry
Executive Vice President
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Treasurer, Warner Pacfic Insurance Services Inc.
Immediate Past Co-Chair
Immediate Past Co-Chair, Sard Verbinnen & Co.
UBS Financial Services, Inc.
Helena Chui, M.D.
University of Southern California
Gary L. Ferrell
F. Gavina & Sons, Inc.
Covington Capital Management
The Movement Talent Agency
Susan Disney Lord
The Bel Air Restaurant
Susan M. Reynolds
Schulze Haynes Loevenguth & Co., LLC
John & Cynthia Tiedeman
Alzheimer’s Los Angeles
Alzheimer’s LA holds many fundraising events throughout the year:
• An Unforgettable Evening
• walk4ALZ® (locations throughout our service area)
• arts4ALZ/Memories in the Making Art Auction
• women4ALZ® Visionary Women’s Awards Luncheon
• Salon events
• Office administration
• Public policy
• Support group facilitation
• Education programs
• Community outreach
• Matching gifts (contact your HR department)
• Corporate giving
• Planned giving
• Payroll deduction
• Host your own fundraising event
• Donate your unwanted car. Truck, boat or RV
• Event sponsorship
GOALS FOR 2019
• Increase public awareness of Alzheimer’s Los Angeles, and our free programs & services for individuals and families
• Improve care for our culturally diverse population
• Decrease reticence in reaching out to Alzheimer’s Los Angeles for support
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Alzheimer's Los Angeles
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Alzheimer’s Greater Los Angeles
- 2019 Women's Council & Awards: Women and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide 2018: LA’s BEST
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: The Jeffrey Foundation
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Children's Bureau
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide 2018: Children’s Bureau
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide 2018: American Cancer Society