NATHAN KIMMEL COMPANY, LLC
Nathan Kimmel Company, LLC, has grown from its humble beginnings as an industrial supply company in Los Angeles to the construction industry’s number one national and international provider of fireproofing spray equipment, tarps, hose and nozzle assemblies, premier Magliner Hand Truck Distributor as well as the local hardware store for the Arts District and beyond.
The company was founded in 1956 by Nathan and Bella Kimmel, working out of their garage in West Los Angeles, with their four children lending a helping hand. The company grew quickly and purchased a small distribution facility in downtown on Santa Fe Ave. Like father, like daughter; Carol Kimmel Schary purchased the business in 1996, following the passing of her father, her greatest mentor. Over the years, the company’s business grew by developing strategic relationships with vendors and customers and setting up a second facility next door for the manufacturing of specialty equipment for the construction industry and their “standard of the industry” tarps that are made in the USA here in Los Angeles.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Family Owned Businesses 2019: NATHAN KIMMEL COMPANY, LLC
- Giant Dolly Takes on Big Role
- Los Angeles Business Journal Women's Summit: FINALISTS - DINA KIMMEL, We Rock the Spectrum Kid’s Gym
- Burning Issue
- Turnaround Targets Too Tempting for Equity Firm
- Who's Building L.A. (September 24): Local Developer Creates Partnership with Parkview Financial to Ensure Multifamily Restoration Continues
- Weekly Brief
- Higher Income at City National