KOSS REAL ESTATE
In a time when brick-and-mortar retail has been severely challenged, Koss Real Estate’s portfolio of commercial real estate investments in nine states has continued to thrive -- most notably, the world-renowned Malibu Country Mart, an upscale retail village located in the heart of Malibu. A Los Angeles native, Michael Koss grew up working in his father’s pizza restaurant chain and after college, opened his own restaurant, Italy’s Little Kitchen in 1971, which is currently owned and operated by Michael’s son, Zane. Following this, Michael started to acquire and develop commercial real estate properties and in 1985, began developing the Malibu Country Mart.
The Mart has since maintained a consistent roster of upscale tenants with sales as high as $3K per foot, even in volatile times. The Mart’s existing tenants often expand their store spaces and new prospective tenants sit on a waiting list, a rarity in the current marketplace.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Sterling Organization Shells Out $35 Million for Melrose Ave. Retail Properties
- Sterling Buys Two Melrose Retail Sites
- Binding Chains?
- Talent Agency Scores Callback in Beverly Hills
- Critics Taking Saw to Chains
- Investor Doubles Down in Glendale Office Pickup
- Kroenke Adds to L.A.-Area Portfolio
- Malibu Lumber Yard Site Turns Into Major Retail Project