AUTOMATION PRINTING CO.
Automation Printing Co., started by Herbert Tobman, has been located in Downtown Los Angeles since 1949. It started as a lithoplate company that supplied film, stripping and printing plates to other printers and was one of the few lithoplate companies in Los Angeles. Tobman soon saw the need for cost effective, short run printing and bought a paper plate device, printing press and cutter, which started its full printing capabilities.
Herb’s son and current President, David, joined the company in 1972. David’s son, Brandon, joined the company in 2008 as Vice President. In 1975 Automation was one of the original companies to install Xerox’s first 9200 High Speed black and white copier. Privately owned and operated by the Tobman family, the company now has a full team of 19, some who have been with the company for over 25 years. David and Brandon Tobman are proud to keep Herb’s legacy alive by staying true to his foundation of honest management and innovation.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- PRINTING --- Internet Providing Surprising Boost to L.A. Printers
- Herbert Hyman, Founder of Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Dies
- Maintaining Service Key to Sale of Car-Parking Pioneer
- Downtown Motel to Check Out After $26.5 Million Sale
- PAGE 3: Head of the Class
- Fashion District Fixture Folds Up After 58 Years