After 35 years as Santa Monica Pier Seafood, Yunnie Kim Morena took the helm of the Pier restaurant mainstay which her parents had opened in 1977 upon emigrating to the U.S. from Korea. Yunnie and her husband, Greg Morena, modernized and streamlined the look while preserving the restaurant’s original atmosphere and character. The relaxed seaside setting is a perfect compliment to the delicious menu that reflects a commitment to sustainably caught seafood, locally sourced ingredients, as well as an extensive craft beer and California wine program.
The Morenas and their team at The Albright have been trailblazers in sustainability and greening efforts. Recognized as the first sustainable business on the Pier and awarded the 2016 SQA Award winners, The Albright faithfully follows the triple bottom line framework and aims to help create a green movement across all businesses on the Pier. The family believes that running sustainable businesses that also support other local businesses and vendors, engenders a sense of respect and social responsibility from the community.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Family Owned Businesses 2019: THE ALBRIGHT
- Work/Life Balance: Yunnie Kim Morena
- Exec Makes Waves During Meetings
- Santa Monica Pier Businesses in Peril After Bummer of a Summer
- 2017 CFO Awards Honoree: Lina O’Connor, TYP Restaurant Group.
- Virtual Monster Hunters Big Game for Businesses
- The 50 Wealthiest Angelenos: Kou Family
- Putting Sustainability on the Table