ATHENA ENGINEERING INC.
Athena Engineering, Inc. was founded in 1984 by Richard and Jannie Chiera as a mechanical construction company. Jannie was pregnant with Athena at the time, making Athena the unofficial third employee from the company’s founding. The company was initially based in Covina – specifically, in Jannie and Richard’s garage. Jannie had received a $5,000 tax refund and said “let’s do this” … and Athena Engineering was born (not Athena yet, just the company).
Initially incorporated as CCE Systems, the name was changed to Athena Engineering in 1986. Athena graduated college in 2006 and immediately joined her family in managing the business. Today, all three members of the Chiera clan run the business together, in partnership with some carefully selected employees who have become like family as well. Throughout the company’s history, hundreds of clients have trusted Athena Engineering’s skilled teams to design, construct and control their environments.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 7. Athena Engineering Inc.
- Notable Family-Owned Businesses in Los Angeles: Ampam Parks Mechanical
- Influential Family-Owned Businesses in Los Angeles: Servicon Systems, Inc.
- National Technical Systems Makes Acquisition
- Influential Family-Owned Businesses in Los Angeles: P2S Inc.
- Most Influential Family Owned Businesses 2019: P2S INC.
- Staying Home Pays Off for L.A. Native
- Influential Family-Owned Businesses in Los Angeles: Gothic Landscape