Founded by Holocaust survivor Jack Nagel in 1955, Decron Properties has grown into one of the largest privately owned real estate firms in California. In 2017, the company posted revenues of $190 million, thanks to a portfolio that includes approximately 7,000 apartment units and 1.5 million square feet of office and retail centers throughout California. After initially focusing on construction of single family homes, in his first year as CEO in 1988, David Nagel changed the company’s focus, aggressively expanding the company’s portfolio by investing in more than 20 multifamily, retail, and office buildings.
The majority of residential and retail projects developed by Decron in the 1970s and 1980s are still owned and managed by the company. From ground up development to value-add/rehab to asset repositioning, Decron’s investment and business strategy is deeply anchored in value creation. Decron continues to drive its business forward through a keen understanding of its core market, allowing the company to move swiftly when opportunities arise.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Family Owned Businesses 2019: DECRON PROPERTIES
- Decron Investing $500M Outside of California
- Decron Pays $72 Million for Site in NorCal
- Notable Family-Owned Businesses in Los Angeles: Goldrich Kest
- Buyer Drops In on Apartments After Price Tumbles
- Decron Buys Orange County Building
- Most Influential Family Owned Businesses 2019: GOLDRICH KEST
- Auto Dealerships Helped Drive Deal for Center