Since getting its start with patriarch Abby Rafieha in 1989, the Rafieha’s furniture manufacturing company, Abbyson, has been dedicated to family. For Abby, learning the retail side of the business involved traveling the world to understand more about design and culture. By 2003, his three sons, Yavar, Doddy and Rodd, began learning the business, eventually working their way up to hold positions as Abbyson’s president and CEO; executive vice president; and senior vice president of sales, respectively.
Since its start, Abbyson has experienced tremendous growth and was named as one of the INC 500 “America’s Fastest Growing Companies” every year from 2008 to 2012, showing 2,142 percent
growth over that period. Abbyson has earned several prestigious awards such as the 2017 Andyz Awards winner for Best Las Vegas Showroom as well as Top Vendor awards with its Top 100 Retail partners, and has also been previously honored by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the fastest growing private companies.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- For SkyMeals, Long Beach Provides Orange County Entry
- The 50 Wealthiest Angelenos: Marion Anderson
- Raising the Bars
- Producer Planned Reality Show on Teenager's Voyage
- Business Rebounds for Furniture Maker Virco as School Budgets Increase
- Let's Hope Santa Doesn't Leave Lumps of Coal in the Stockings