Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe, LLP
Tim Long is one of the few lawyers who has tried to verdict an employment class action, obtaining a complete defense verdict on behalf of a major retailer in a matter in which the potential exposure exceeded $40 million. He went on to protect the verdict on appeal. In the wage-and-hour area, Long has litigated exemption, incentive compensation, independent contractor, offthe- clock and pay practice claims. He also has defeated class and collective certification (including at Stage One) in exemption, offthe- clock and pay practice cases.
Long has significant experience litigating other complex employment and nonemployment matters, including employment discrimination and wrongful termination claims, and matters involving qui tam, trade secret, white collar crime and environmental claims.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: JOSHUA MIZRAHI
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: ELENA BACA
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: SCOTT A. EDELMAN
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT ATTORNEYS
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: MARK LITVACK
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: TIMOTHY L. PIERCE
- Judging the Lawyers- Labor and Employment
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Intellectual Property Firm Attorney of the Year - Rick Richmond