Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
As one of the foremost private equity legal advisers, Alison Ressler, Co-Head of Sullivan & Cromwell’s Private Equity Group, has spent the past year successfully steering significant, multi-stakeholder, cross-border deals to closure. In her 35-year career, she has built a high profile practice around blockbuster deals that have reshaped industries and had an impact on the world at large.
One example of her work is Syntel Inc.’s $3.57 billion acquisition by Atos. Ressler represented Syntel, Inc., as it announced its agreement to be acquired by Atos S.E. in an all cash transaction valued at approximately $3.57 billion, including Syntel’s net debt. The transaction was unanimously approved by the full Board of Directors of Syntel based on the unanimous recommendation of a Special Committee of the Board. Ressler also recently advised Loon, a Google X project working to bring the internet to people around the world using advanced air balloons, in its separation from Google to establish Loon as an “Alphabet Company.”
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- BOARDROOM BROKER
- Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors: Alison Ressler
- 2019 BUSINESS HALL OF FAME
- Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors: Rita-Anne O’Neill
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Mergers and Acquisitions Firm Attorney of the Year - Eric M. Krautheimer
- Long Beach REIT Makes Acquisition
- Brentwood Associates On Target for $1.1B Fund
- Japan Investor Mitsui & Co. Plants L.A. Flag