Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
For two decades, Eric Krautheimer has represented industry leaders in their most important domestic and cross-border M&A transactions. Truly a master of all trades, he has executed superlative, headline-making deals in disparate industries. His work in recent years has left its mark on ecommerce, retail, life sciences, pharmaceuticals and telecommunications.
Krautheimer is a Partner in the Los Angeles office of Sullivan & Cromwell and is a member of the firm’s General Practice Group. For over 20 years, he has successfully represented many of the largest and most prominent corporations on a wide range of domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions transactions, including negotiated and hostile acquisitions of public companies, negotiated sales of private companies, subsidiaries and divisions, private equity transactions, leveraged buy-outs, formation of joint ventures and asset sales. Krautheimer has extensive experience representing buyers, sellers and financial advisers across a wide range of industries, including consumer and retail, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, sports and entertainment, technology and telecommunications.
Highly regarded as one of the elite M&A lawyers on the West Coast, Krautheimer advised AT&T in its acquisition of Time Warner and also advised AT&T in its proposed acquisition of T-Mobile USA from Deutsche Telekom AG.
His considerable experience in large and time-sensitive M&A transactions was critical in completing Amazon.com’s $13.7 billion acquisition of Whole Foods – the 11th biggest global retail transaction and the fourth biggest deal in U.S. retail, ever. Executed in record time – it’s the fastest $5 billion-plus public retail acquisition in U.S. history – the deal also unlocks myriad opportunities for Amazon to change the way we shop for food.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders in Law 2018 Firm Attorney of the Year Finalists: Alison S. Ressler
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: CORPORATE ATTORNEYS
- Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors: Eva Davis
- Leaders of Influence: Private Equity Advisors - JESSICA STAHELI
- Leaders Of Influence - Investment Bankers: Joel Montminy
- Leaders Of Influence - Investment Bankers: Gary Rabishaw
- Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors: Alison Ressler
- Leaders of Influence: Private Equity Advisors - JOEL MONTMINY