Vice President / Assistant General Counsel
Marcus & Millichap
Tyler Theobald currently serves as assistant general counsel and compliance officer at Marcus & Millichap, a publicly traded multibillion dollar national commercial real estate brokerage, founded in 1971. He joined the firm, headquartered in Calabasas, in 2014. Theobald provides advice and counsel to executive management and the firm’s investment sales professionals on topics including commercial litigation, real estate transactions, risk avoidance, and labor and employment issues.
Theobald also litigates for Marcus & Millichap, representing the firm and its sales professionals in court and arbitration across the country. The firm’s legal department is a central part of its value proposition to both clients and sales professionals. He helps the company develop strategies to effectuate its core mission of helping clients create and preserve wealth. In leading the firm’s corporate compliance initiative, Theobald works with an audit committee to analyze and address risk and development tools and trainings for investment sales professionals to enhance corporate culture and ensure state and federal law.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Tyler Theobald
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Corporate Counsel Awards: RISING STAR CORPORATE COUNSEL
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Public Small Company In-House Counsel of the Year - Jennifer Banks
- 2019 Leaders in Law Finalists: General Counsel of the Year – Large Private Company
- 2019 Leaders in Law Finalists: General Counsel of the Year - Public Company
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: CYBER SECURITY ATTORNEYS
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: KATE S. GOLD
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: ENVIRONMENTAL ATTORNEYS