General Counsel & Corporate Secretary
Robert “Rob” Rader is a highly experienced General Counsel with more than 15 years of general counsel and business affairs experience for high-growth digital media companies, multi-billion dollar media companies and retailers, and major and boutique law firms, including over $7 billion of M&A and financings.
Rader is currently the General Counsel and Corporate Secretary of Ovation TV, America’s only cable network dedicated to the arts. The independent network based in Santa Monica is distributed to approximately 50 million subscribers on major cable and satellite platforms across the country, including Comcast, DIRECTV, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FiOS and AT&T U verse. Rader joined Ovation in 2013 as the company’s first in-house attorney, and he is responsible for all business and legal matters, including production, traditional and online distribution, government relations, marketing, litigation, intellectual property, real estate, corporate and human resources. He has been a leader in online and unscripted deals for over a decade and has brought that experience to bear over the last four years.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Rob Rader
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Public Large Company In-House Counsel of the Year - Jared Wolff
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Corporate Counsel Awards: NON-PROFIT CORPORATE COUNSEL
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Public Small Company In-House Counsel of the Year - Jennifer Banks
- Leaders in Law Honorees - Corporate Counsel Awards: FERNANDA L. SCHMID
- Relativity Media’s Head of Business and Legal Affairs Jumps to Sklar Kirsh
- Leaders in Law 2018 In-House Counsel of the Year Finalists: Michael Preston