Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary
California Resources Corporation
Michael L. Preston has been Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary at California Resources Corporation since 2014, when the company was spun off from Occidental Petroleum into its own separate publicly traded company. Preston leads a legal team that works closely with management and operations to ensure that the company is a reliable provider of affordable energy, an active supporter of the communities in which it operates, and is recognized for its operational excellence in a highly regulated industry with some of the most stringent environmental standards in the world. In addition to his responsibilities as chief legal officer, Preston oversees the company’s marketing, supply chain and human resources functions.
Most recently, Preston played a leading role in CRC’s acquisition of the remaining working, surface and mineral interests in the 47,000-acre Elk Hills field in the San Joaquin Basin of California from Chevron.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Michael L. Preston
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Public Mid-Size Company In-House Counsel of the Year - Lisa L. Kim
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Lisa L. Kim
- Leaders in Law Honorees - Corporate Counsel Awards: FERNANDA L. SCHMID
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Private Large Company In-House Counsel of the Year - Kim Matthews
- 2019 In-House Counsel Nominees: Joe Moschella
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Corporate Counsel Awards: PUBLIC COMPANY CORPORATE COUNSEL
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Public Large Company In-House Counsel of the Year - Jared Wolff