Chief Legal Officer
Five Point Holdings, LLC
Michael Alvarado is FivePoint’s Chief Legal Officer. He actively manages all legal affairs for FivePoint, as well as managing FivePoint’s risk management, purchasing/contracting and human resource functions. His role includes overseeing all legal matters related to the entitlement, development, sales, leasing and financing of the company’s real estate holdings within the communities owned and managed by FivePoint, as well as all corporate governance and compliance matters for FivePoint, a publicly-traded company listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
The past year has seen Alvarado guide FivePoint through a series of notable accomplishments, including: regulatory approvals and a landmark legal settlement that advanced the Newhall Ranch community development project in Los Angeles County. He also led FivePoint’s successful May 2017 initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange, and its ensuing $500 million senior notes offering in November 2017.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Michael Alvarado
- Emile Haddad
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: HealthCare Firm Attorney of the Year - Gerry Hinkley
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Corporate Counsel Awards: NON-PROFIT CORPORATE COUNSEL
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Corporate Counsel Awards: PRIVATE COMPANY CORPORATE COUNSEL
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Government/Municipal In-House Counsel of the Year - Victor King