Senior Vice President, Litigation
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Daniel M. Flores, Senior Vice President and the head of litigation at Metro Goldwyn Mayer Studios Inc., joined the company in 2013 and is responsible for managing all litigation and pre-litigation matters, responding to third-party subpoenas and government agency investigations, and advising on antitrust and FCPA compliance, production-related claims, and risk management.
In his time at MGM, Flores has won dismissal and attorney fee awards in multiple copyright and idea misappropriation lawsuits, involving films such as “Creed,” “Barbershop” and “Cabin in the Woods.” He is responsible for protecting valuable MGM film and television properties including such franchises as James Bond, Rocky, The Pink Panther and Stargate from infringement via legal actions throughout the world. Flores has negotiated dozens of favorable confidential settlements on behalf of MGM in a variety of disputes including intellectual property, labor and employment, profit participations, and more.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Daniel M. Flores
- 2019 In-House Counsel Nominees: Lesley G. Freeman
- Report: Indian Company In Talks for MGM
- Spyglass Emerges as Lead Candidate to Run MGM
- Icahn Buys MGM Debt, Presses for a Lions Gate Merger
- Judge Confirms MGM Studios' Bankruptcy Plan