Chief Legal Officer
Cori Cardwell is an experienced corporate counsel with 12 years of experience as a general counsel and dealmaker in high-growth environments. With specializations in retail and private equity, Cardwell leads business-minded legal departments and drives value by executing on high-impact initiatives including mergers and acquisitions. In addition to her legal expertise, Cardwell has significant business experience, serving on executive leadership teams and fulfilling the role of trusted advisor and strategic thought partner to CEOs, executive leadership teams and corporate boards.
In her current role, Cardwell serves as Chief Legal Officer of Apro, LLC d/b/a United Pacific, the largest independently owned and operated chain of convenience stores and gas stations in the west. With 372 stores, including 42 stores within the County of Los Angeles, Cardwell and her team of three are responsible for overseeing all aspects of the legal and corporate governance functions. She also plays a leading role in the company’s strategic transactions including acquisitions, divestitures and financing transactions.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Cori Cardwell
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Corporate Counsel Awards: PRIVATE COMPANY CORPORATE COUNSEL
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: CORPORATE ATTORNEYS
- 2019 In-House Counsel Nominees: Carla Christofferson
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Public Large Company In-House Counsel of the Year - Jared Wolff
- Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors: Rita-Anne O’Neill
- 2019 Leaders in Law Finalists: General Counsel of the Year - Public Company
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Jared Wolff