General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer
Bel Air Investment Advisors LLC
Andy Dunbar joined Bel Air Investment Advisors LLC in 2015, shortly after its acquisition by a large foreign asset manager. He performs a leadership role and has been instrumental in navigating and integrating (along with addressing the associated challenges) of becoming a part of a new, global ownership structure and brand. He also helped the firm and its parent company implement a Board of Directors charter and structure. He currently serves as the Corporate Secretary.
Prior to Bel Air, he was a partner at the law firm Sidley Austin LLP where he focused his practice on the defense and litigation of government enforcement matters, corporate internal investigations, complex civil litigation, and creating and enhancing compliance programs. Prior to Sidley, he spent nine years as an Enforcement Attorney in the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s Division of Enforcement in the Los Angeles Regional Office. Dunbar was the lead attorney on a high-profile enforcement action related to a $590 million Ponzi scheme perpetrated by a financial co-founder of EarthLink.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Andrew J. Dunbar
- 2019 In-House Counsel Nominees: Andy Dunbar
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Corporate Counsel Awards: PRIVATE COMPANY CORPORATE COUNSEL
- 2019 Leaders in Law Finalists: General Counsel of the Year - Small Private Company
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Jason P. Lee
- 2019 Leaders in Law Honoree: Government/Municipal General Counsel of the Year
- 2019 In-House Counsel Nominees: Janna Sidley
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Julia B. Strickland