Executive Vice President & General Counsel
City National Bank
Jared Wolff is Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary of City National Bank, the largest bank headquartered in Los Angeles, where he oversees the Legal and Corporate Administrative Group. Wolff is responsible for the legal team for City National Bank as well as the business and regulatory legal team for RBC Wealth Management in the United States. Additionally, Wolff oversees teams leading Corporate Governance, Corporate Premises, Community Reinvestment, and Corporate Security. He joined City National in January 2018 and is a member of its Executive Committee.
Wolff has broad management experience in the financial services industry and substantial expertise in mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions, risk management, governance, capital formation and strategic planning, among other areas. Wolff is considered one of the most accomplished and experienced banking general counsels in California, having participated in many of the most significant bank mergers in the past two decades.
Wolff has played a significant a role shaping the landscape of banking in Los Angeles and in California, serving as the top legal executive of two major financial institutions in Los Angeles during a time of unprecedented change in banking and in the economy. When City National was looking for a General Counsel to succeed its longtime and highly-respected executive Mike Cahill, it found in Wolff a seasoned lawyer and entrepreneurial executive who had the unique combination of deep legal and business experience to support City National’s robust growth and expanding national presence. Since its acquisition by Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) in 2015, City National has grown in assets more than 33% from just over $36 billion to over $47 billion in assets.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Jared Wolff
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Lisa L. Kim
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Public Mid-Size Company In-House Counsel of the Year - Lisa L. Kim
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Jennifer Banks
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Public Small Company In-House Counsel of the Year - Jennifer Banks
- Leaders in Law 2018 In-House Counsel of the Year Finalists: Michael Preston
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Michael L. Preston
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Corporate Counsel Awards: PUBLIC COMPANY CORPORATE COUNSEL