Culver City-based office security tech firm Openpath launched May 22, helped by a $7 million funding round and helped by local funds.
Upfront Ventures and Bonfire Ventures, both of Santa Monica, Fika Ventures and Pritzker Group Venture Capital, both Westside based, and Sorenson Ventures of Palo Alto, participated in the funding round.
Openpath’s product, Openpath Access, is a cloud-based system that is designed to allow employees, managers and business owners to securely enter the office by using their smartphones, the company said.
Openpath’s co-founders, James Segil and Alex Kazerani, co-founded EdgeCast Networks, a Santa Monica-based content delivery network in 2006. Verizon Communications Inc. purchased it in 2013 for $350 million.
Real estate reporter Ciaran McEvoy can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8337.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Security Tech App Raises $7 Million
- Silicon Beach Report May 22: Openpath Launches with $7 Million Raise
- Fika Ventures Completes $76 Million Raise
- Openpath Secures $20 Million Series B Funding
- WndrCo Leads $7 Million Investment in Rally Rd.
- Fika Raises $76 Million Fund
- $40 Million Fund Launched for Real Estate Startups, Tech
- Adobe Opens First L.A. Area Office in Santa Monica