SpaceX Readies Next Falcon 9 Launch; More Competition for Bird; Core Innovation Backs $8 Million Crypto Raise.
Hawthorne-based Space Exploration Technologies Co. plans to launch another Falcon 9 rocket Tuesday with two different payloads, TechCrunch reports. The rocket will be carrying both a NASA satellite array – to be deployed about 300 miles up – and five satellites for Bethesda, Md.-based Iridium, which must be deployed nearly 500 miles up.
Santa Monica-based scooter sharing company Bird could be facing more competition, SoCal Tech reports. Lyft Inc. is now a possible competitor, with the San Francisco-based rideshare company reportedly looking at making an electric scooter play.
Hollywood-based Core Innovation Capital was on of the backers of healthcare blockchain startup Decent, SoCal Tech reports. Core Innovation, a fintech investor, was one of several VC firms involved in the $8 million raise.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report May 6: Relativity Gains New Launch Contract
- Silicon Beach Report June 29: Bird Raises $300 Million
- Silicon Beach Report June 21: Kairos Ventures Closes $24.6 Million First Fund
- SpaceX Rocket Fails to Deliver Payload
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 18: Elon Musk’s Lunar Pick
- Silicon Beach Report June 1: Live TV Growth Spurs Hulu Reorganization
- Silicon Beach Report June 25: Falcon Heavy Launches 24 Payloads Successfully
- SpaceX Attempts Earth Landing of Rocket