Los Angeles Football Club has signed a lease for 25,000 square feet of office space to house its headquarters at 818 W. 7th St. in downtown Los Angeles, CBRE Group Inc. announced.
The lease announcement comes after the soccer team opened Banc of California Stadium in Exposition Park, located on the site of the now-demolished Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena.
Chris Caras, Phillips Sample, Brad Chelf, Brandon Bank and Taylor Watson represented the landlord, Downtown Properties, part of Hong Kong-based Gaw Capital.
The 12-story, 355,000-square-foot structure was built in 1924 and renovated twice within the last two years.
Tom Penn, LAFC’s president and co-owner, said in a statement that the team is “extremely excited” to move into the building.
Goodwin Gaw, principal of Downtown Properties, said in a statement that it was “a real honor” that the team selected the building as its new headquarters.
Real estate reporter Ciaran McEvoy can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8337.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Co-Working Firm Spaces Grows L.A. County Presence with 61,000-Square-Foot Lease in Hollywood
- Former Playboy Studio Campus Sells in Atwater Village for $30-Plus Million
- CBRE Global Investors Moving HQ in Downtown
- Engineering Firm KPFF Doubles Space to Consolidate Operations Downtown
- Gardiner & Theobald Takes 7,100 SF at the Row DTLA
- WeWork Leasing Two Floors at One Culver in Culver City
- CalEdison Inks New Tenants TubeScience, Systems Source and H&M Innovation Lab
- Preferred Bank Expands Figueroa Headquarters