Jakks Pacific Inc. is working with Bank of America Merrill Lynch and outside legal advisor Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom to review a recent acquisition offer and begin negotiations.
The Santa Monica-based toy manufacturer and marketer received an offer on Jan. 28 from Hong Kong-based Meisheng Cultural Co. Ltd. to acquire a majority stake in the company. The deal would have Meisheng increase its shareholdings and voting rights to 51 percent from 18 percent by purchasing additional shares at $2.95 per share.
In addition to its evaluation of the Meisheng expression of interest, Jakks’ special committee has been authorized to negotiate with the Hong Kong company on behalf of Jakks.
Technology reporter Eli Horowitz can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @coachhorowitz13 for the latest in L.A. tech news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Deals & Dealmakers: Firm Sees Symbiosis as Strategy
- Jakks Pacific Still Considering Meisheng’s Acquisition Offer
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: KEVIN J. MINNICK
- Santa Monica Toy Maker Jakks Receives Takeover Offer from HK Company
- William Lyon Buyout Offer Withdrawn
- Hana Financial Sells SBA Lending Business
- Earnings Report: Jakks Closing on Meisheng Deal; Stems Losses
- WHO’S WHO IN LAW - BRIAN J. McCARTHY