Cargo Services Inc., a mobile marketplace headquartered in New York City, announced June 14 that it is expanding to Los Angeles. The company, which allows Uber and Lyft drivers to receive complimentary boxes stocked with retail items, has already bought a warehouse in Ontario, Calif.
Cargo’s expansion into L.A. was solidified by two key partnerships with local businesses, Venice-based Snap Inc. and Culver City’s Awesome Office Inc., better known by its brand name SnackNation.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Minibar-in-a-Car on Way to Uber, Lyft in L.A.
- Silicon Beach Report June 15: Catasys Receives Debt Bailout, Activision Blizzard Hires Former Twitter Exec, Cargo Systems Launches in L.A.
- Santa Monica Selects Scooter Companies for Shared-Mobility Pilot
- HyreCar, DriveItAway Bring Car Sharing to Dealerships
- HyreCar Set for $14.5 Million IPO
- Silicon Beach Report June 18: Robot Maker Gets $22 Million Series A
- Silicon Beach Report June 14: Bird Required to Pay Tariffs on Chinese Imports
- Wag Founders Raise $37 Million for Mobility Venture