THEODORE J. BOUTROUS JR.
Co-Chairman, Litigation Practice Group
Gibson Dunn & Crutcher
Theodore Boutrous, a partner in the Los Angeles office of Gibson Dunn & Crutcher, has argued more than 100 appeals, including cases before the United States Supreme Court, federal circuit courts of appeals, state supreme courts and other appellate and trial courts regarding civil, constitutional and criminal matters. He successfully represented Walmart before the U.S. Supreme Court in a decision that reversed what had been the largest employment class action in history and set new standards for class-action lawsuits. He represented plaintiffs in the Supreme Court case invalidating California’s prohibition on same-sex marriage and served as one of the lead trial lawyers and architects of the legal strategy that led to the landmark victory. The National Law Journal in 2013 named him one of the “100 Most Influential Lawyers in America.”
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LA 500: Theodore J. Boutrous Jr.
- Local Firm Wants to Go On Defense Internationally
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: RICHARD J. DOREN
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: WAYNE BARSKY
- Health Care Leadership Forum & Awards: Stanley L. Friedman - Trusted Advisor of the Year
- Split Decision in AEW Dispute With Shekhter Over Nine-Property Portfolio
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: THEANE EVANGELIS
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: STEPHEN G. LARSON