ENTERPRISE EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR FINALIST
Dean, College of Engineering, Computer Science and Technology
Cal State University, Los Angeles Dr.
Emily L. Allen was appointed Dean of the College of Engineering, Computer Science, and Technology (ECST) at California State University, Los Angeles, in November of 2013. As Dean, Dr. Allen is the chief academic, fiscal, and administrative officer of the College of ECST. Her numerous roles include providing leadership to the college in alignment with the University Strategic Plan, supporting quality and innovation within the various academic programs consistent with national accreditation standards. She will also seek broad-based support for the college from external agencies, including building relationships with local business and industry partners. Dr. Allen is building on Cal State LA’s tradition of diversity by implementing a broad array of programs aimed at accelerating student success for those pursuing engineering and computing degrees. Among her most recent achievements was the successful implementation of LaunchPad. LaunchPad is a twoweek summer program designed to introduce rising female high school students to the fields of engineering and computing.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LA500 2020: Education
- CSU Dominguez Hills Receives $4.5M Grant for College-Prep Programs in Compton
- Extended Learning Profile
- Spotlight on Executive Education: Cal Poly Pomona’s College of the Extended University Provides Flexible Learning Opportunities
- Cal State Dominguez Hills President Willie Hagan to Retire
- MBA Guide: Cal Poly Pomona - College of the Extended University
- College President in history books