Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
Years Practicing: 24
Years with Current Firm: Since last August
Kevin Masuda, a partner in Gibson Dunn’s Media, Entertainment and Technology practice and Sports Law practice, regularly represents content companies, including motion picture studios and music companies, technology companies, gaming companies, private equity funds, sports and talent agencies, and other clients in various types of business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, investments, restructurings, public and private securities offerings, licensing agreements, sponsorships, and other strategic agreements.
Masuda works with some of the highest profile names in the sector. Recently, he advised MGM Resorts International on its purchase of the remaining 50% interest in the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, the top performing casino in Atlantic City; Hugh Hefner on the sale of the Playboy Mansion; Michael Eisner’s company The Tornante Group in its acquisition of Portsmouth Football Club; and The Creed Company in the creation of Full Stop Management. Among Masuda’s recent transactions is his work advising on Deluxe Entertainment Services Group’s acquisition of Sfera, a global, cloud-based localization platform and distributed services firm.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Kevin Masuda
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: CANDICE CHOH
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: WAYNE BARSKY
- ARI LANIN
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Richard B. Levy
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Private Large Company In-House Counsel of the Year - Richard B. Levy
- WHO’S WHO IN LAW - JONATHAN K. LAYNE
- Leaders in Law 2018 Firm Attorney of the Year Finalists: Bruce Tobey