Alston & Bird LLP
Years Practicing: 31
Years with Current Firm: 17
In his current practice at Alston & Bird, Jesse Jauregui utilizes his bi-lingual/bi-cultural skills and applies them to his litigation practice. Most recently, he obtained a successful settlement and final approval of a statewide wage and hour class action, involving an international money transfer entity that employs a largely Spanish-speaking workforce in California. In addition to age, race, and disability cases handled in 2017, Jauregui was co-trial counsel in a high-stakes trade secret/non-compete action litigated in federal court and involving two international manufacturing companies. After extensive and hard-fought litigation involving claims for injunctive relief and deposition discovery in four different states, the team prevailed on a motion for summary judgment.
Jauregui also provides clients with ongoing advice and counsel on a variety of employment law issues – including electronic privacy rights in the workplace and WARN Act issues – and conducts workplace investigations. His clients include a national bank, health systems, Fortune 500 manufacturers, entertainment/media companies, and telecommunications providers. Jauregui devotes significant time to the Mexican American Bar Foundation and the California Minority Counsel Program.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders in Law 2019 Nominees: AB 5 and Independent Contracting in California
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Elizabeth Sperling
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: JAMES R. EVANS, JR.
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Samuel Park
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- JOHN D. HANOVER
- Best Places to Work Speaker: Thomas Wingard
- JEFFREY ROSENFELD
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: EDWARD J. CASEY