Covington & Burling LLP
Years Practicing: 13
Years with Current Firm: 1.5
Wade Ackerman is a leading national FDA regulatory and health policy lawyer based here in Los Angeles. With a combination of substantive life sciences expertise, a high profile in the industry, and significant federal government experience, Ackerman has a unique practice for the Southern California legal market. After starting his legal career in LA, Ackerman spent eight years in government service in Washington and returned to LA last year to join Covington as a partner.
Ackerman has deep experience working on FDA regulatory and public policy issues, both from within the last Administration (at the FDA) and on the Hill. Ackerman’s commitment to helping advance medical innovation and promote consumer safety has continued since joining Covington last year, and his counsel is highly sought after by companies and trade associations around the world. Until June 2016, he served as Senior FDA Counsel to the U.S. Senate Health Education, Labor & Pensions Committee and was involved in all federal legislation that affected the regulatory authorities of the FDA.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Firm’s Legal Presence in San Diego Proves Brief
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: MITCH KAMIN
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: NEEMA SAHNI
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: HealthCare Firm Attorney of the Year - Gerry Hinkley
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- MITCH KAMIN
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Robyn Polashuk
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: In-House Counsel Rising Star of the Year - Shannon Kelly
- LA500 2020: Law