Bird, Marella, Boxer, Wolpert, Nessim, Drooks, Lincenberg & Rhow, P.C.
Years Practicing: 21
Years with Current Firm: 18
Paul Chan is the managing principal of Bird Marella. His practice focuses on the trial and arbitration of complex business disputes, including commercial fraud, class action, securities, and intellectual property litigations. He also represents companies and individuals in regulatory and parallel civil/criminal investigations. He has particular expertise litigating cases involving the False Claims Act, civil RICO statutes, unfair competition and theft of trade secrets. He is also active in pro bono work and is currently representing an indigent Korean port truck driver against his former employer, a trucking company, in an employment law matter regarding unpaid wages, unlawful deductions from pay, and failure to allow meal and rest breaks, among other complaints.
Among Chan’s highlights and top cases of the last 12-18 months has been his work successfully defending a global nonprofit healthcare provider in high-profile false claims act lawsuit by obtaining dismissal of virtually all claims seeking eight-figure damages.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: PAUL S. CHAN
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Paul S. Chan
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: GARY LINCENBERG
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: MARK DROOKS
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: NICOLE RODRIGUEZ VAN DYK
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: EKWAN RHOW
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Naeun Rim
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: EKWAN E. RHOW