Santa Monica-based Caltius Equity Partners announced Jan. 9 the sale of its portfolio company MC Sign, a signage and lighting service company based in Mentor, Ohio, to Arcapita Investment Management US Inc. The total value of the transaction was $100 million, Caltius said in a statement.
All divisions of MC Sign increased profits while under Caltius ownership, according to the firm. Caltius said it invested in technology, made bolt-on acquisitions and helped developed the management team at the company.
“The MC team transformed the business into a scalable platform capable of driving organic and acquisition growth during our investment period, and the company is well-positioned for the future,” said Michael Morgan, managing director at Caltius Equity.
Childs Advisory Partners served as financial advisor and DLA Piper as legal counsel to Caltius.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- PE Roundup: Private Equity Deals Announced This Week
- Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors: Michael Morgan
- Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors: Jim Upchurch
- Caltius Equity Partners Sells Vision Technology Solutions
- Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors: Rick Shuart
- Caltius Acquires HR Firm
- Deals & Dealmakers: Fifth Wall Does Two More
- Jim Upchurch