Shaun P. Setty, MD, MemorialCare Medical Group
Shaun P. Setty, MD is the Helen E. Hoag Endowed Chair of Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery; Medical Director, Chief of Pediatric and Adult Congenital Cardiac Surgery; and Surgical Director, ECMO Services at both MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center and Miller Children’s & Women’s Hospital. He is triple-board-certified in surgery, thoracic surgery & congenital heart surgery. Dr. Setty has performed congenital heart surgery on patients of all ages and sizes; from premature infants who weigh as little as 400 grams to octogenarians who have congenital heart disease. His major research and clinical interest is in congenital heart disease, specifically within health disparities; biomarkers in pediatric heart failure; and genetic syndromes in congenital heart disease.
Roberta Williams, MD, Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles
Dr. Williams’ has been a pioneer in the field of echocardiography, beginning in 1973, developing the initial clinical correlations with echo findings that formed the bases of definitive noninvasive diagnosis of a wide variety of cardiac anomalies, supplanting cardiac catheterization for purely diagnostic purposes. Among her many achievements was first establishing a highly successful maternal-fetal medicine program at USC, then applied the same multidisciplinary model for transition of youth with chronic disease to adult health care. Dr. Williams currently serves on the Board of Trustees for Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics, a Fellow of the American Heart Association and a Master of the American College of Cardiology.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Doctors in Los Angeles: CHRISTOPHER A. TAN
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: CARDIOLOGY
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: NEUROLOGY
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: CYNTHIA HERRINGTON, MD
- Top Doctors in Los Angeles: CYNTHIA HERRINGTON
- Children’s Hospital L.A. Joins Study Using Stem Cells to Treat Rare Heart Defect in Kids
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: ORTHOPEDICS AND SPORTS MEDICINE
- Ahmanson/UCLA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center Earns Accreditation