Butterfly Equity, a Beverly Hills private equity firm with a focus on food companies, acquired a Denver-based healthy food chain for an undisclosed amount, the company announced on Feb. 27.
Modern Market, which operates 28 healthy fast-casual restaurants in Colorado, Texas, Arizona and Maryland, has a menu that can accommodate a wide range of diets, according to the company’s website.
Adam Waglay, who co-founded Butterfly with Dustin Beck, said in a statement that the chain offered “a highly-scalable concept with an incredibly loyal following.”
“Modern Market’s innovative menu, emphasis on convenience and ability to meet any dietary need result in a concept with immense, broad appeal and significant room to grow,” Beck added. “We believe that Modern Market’s offering is increasingly representative of the way that modern restaurant-goers prefer to eat.”
Co-Chief Executives Anthony Pigliacampo and Rob McColgan founded Modern Market in 2009.
Butterfly Equity also acquired Pacifico Aquaculture in Mexico in January.
Retail, restaurants and hospitality reporter Caroline Anderson can be reached at email@example.com.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Deals & Dealmakers: Bank Acquisition Trend
- Butterfly Acquires Pacifico Aquaculture in Mexico
- Butterfly Equity to Merge Two Healthy-Food Chains Into a New Restaurant Division
- Lemonade, Modern Market to Merge
- Restaurant Chain Pushes on Prices
- California Pizza Kitchen Founders Starting New Seafood, Pizza Restaurants
- Panda Restaurant Group Buys Stake in Ventura Chain Urbane Café
- TPG Capital Acquires Fast Casual Chain Mendocino Farms