Hollar announces search for new CEO; Snapchat to give free ads to startups; and Hyperloop Transportation Technologies raises $1.2 million to study Cleveland-Chicago route.
Online dollar store Hollar has commenced a search for a new CEO, Recode reports. The company’s co-founder and current CEO David Yeom confirmed the search, which he said he is leading with the help of an outside firm, although the reason for the leadership change is not yet clear.
Snap Inc. is ramping up its strategy of offering smaller advertisers free ad credits and discounts on creative services in the hopes that some of those brands will continue advertising on Snapchat, Adweek reports. Snapchat is targeting startups affiliated with seed-funding accelerator Y Combinator and other accelerator programs.
Hyperloop Transportation Technologies (HTT) and the Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency announced they’ve raised $1.2 million to study the feasibility of a Great Lakes Hyperloop link between Cleveland and Chicago, Cleveland.com reports. HTT, based in Playa Vista, provided the names of 18 businesses and nonprofit or academic organizations that have joined their partnership for the project.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 6: Otoy Plans to Raise $134 Million via Digital Token Sale
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 25: Apple Making Snapchat Clone
- Silicon Beach Report July 18: L.A. Hyperloop Outfit Wins China Contract
- Last-Mile Providers Take Different Routes
- Online Discounter Hollar Adds InVia ‘Picker’ Robots to Workforce
- Hollar Raises $12 Million, A Few Months After Seed Round
- Silicon Beach Report July 12: Hyperloop One, Its Chairman Sued by Co-Founder
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 12: SolarReserve to Build $5B Thermal Solar Project in Nevada