CYBER SECURITY ATTORNEY OF THE YEAR
Paul Rosen is a partner in Crowell & Moring’s White Collar & Regulatory Enforcement, Privacy & Cybersecurity, and Government Contracts groups. Rosen is a former federal prosecutor and was most recently the chief of staff at the Department of Homeland Security.
With more than a decade of legal, policy, and management experience across all three branches of government, Rosen represents corporate and individual clients in connection with government investigations and enforcement actions, internal investigations, cybersecurity and data privacy, immigration and border-related issues, national security, and litigation. He also counsels clients on all aspects of managing a crisis to mitigate legal exposure in criminal, civil, regulatory, administrative, transactional, and Congressional matters.
Rosen oversaw and managed DHS’ response to some of the most sensitive and complex challenges facing the government, and has advised the secretary and the White House on counterterrorism; cyber and data security; data breach incident response; border, aviation, and maritime security; federal disaster response; critical infrastructure; financial crimes; and other criminal law enforcement matters.
Rosen has worked closely with technology and social media companies to combat terrorist online recruitment efforts and use of encrypted communication platforms. Rosen has also worked extensively with other federal agencies, including the Departments of Justice, Treasury, and Defense, the FBI, and intelligence agencies on some of the most highly publicized global security and terrorist threats, including significant cybersecurity events, such as Russia’s interference with the 2016 U.S. Presidential election, the hack of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, and attacks on critical infrastructure.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Thriving In Their 40's: Brian R. Michael
- Leaders in Law 2017 Nominees: How Safe Is Our Water Infrastructure from a Cyberattack?
- Top Minority in Los Angeles: ANTHONY PACHECO
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: CYBER SECURITY ATTORNEYS
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- MATTHEW E. SLOAN
- 2019 FGPC: Growing Confidence Conflicts with Rising CyberCrime
- CUSTOM CONTENT: Preventing, Managing and Resolving Potentially Devastating Cyberattacks
- D.C. Firm Grows Staff at Downtown L.A. Office