After working at The Honest Company and her pregnancy, Cat Chen became a lot more aware of everything she put in and on her body. Perfume was no exception, especially since it stays on your skin, all day long. As she searched for a fragrance that did not contain allergens and harmful chemicals and smelled fresh and sophisticated, she couldn’t find one, which motivated her to create Skylar. In partnership with world class perfumers and testing products in real life, Chen and the Skylar team created a collection of natural perfumes that you can feel great about spritzing. The name Skylar was inspired by the qualities of a clear day - airy, natural, and beautiful, and the company has attracted investors including LA’s own Upfront Ventures, Amplify.LA, Brilliant Ventures and Serena Williams.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Skylar Body Sniffs Out $8 Million Series A
- 2019 Fashion & Beauty Awards: Beauty Direct to Consumer Brand of the Year Winner
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 22: PacketFabric Raises $25 Million from NantCaptial
- Fashion & Beauty Awards: WINNER - Rising Brand of the Year
- Showing Nose For Business
- Baby Bottles
- Healthy Compact
- Kumana Brings Avocado Sauce to Own Backyard