Ahead of the holiday shopping season, Santa Monica-based Happy Returns is expanding its return services via 125 Paper Source stores nationwide.
Founded in September 2015, Happy Returns claims to solve the number one pain point of online shopping –returns. The company provides in-person returns through a network of physical “return bars” staffed with trained “returnistas.” The return bars are found at shopping centers, retailers and college campuses.
Customers who have bought products online from Happy Returns retail partners can return it in person at any of its locations. The company counts 17 retail partners on its website including Tradesy and Jaanuu.
David Sobie, co-founder and chief executive of Happy returns said in a statement that it took the company two years to open 100 locations. “…but alongside premier partners like Paper Source, it took only four months to open the next 150. Our growth is accelerating.”
Chicago-based Paper Source, a specialty retailer offering paper products like artisanal cards, will host the return bars at 125 of its stores across the country. This adds to the 200 locations already in Happy Return’s portfolio.
Happy Returns closed an $8 million Series B round in Dec. 2017, which included investment by Santa Monica-based Upfront Ventures. The company has raised a total of $14 million in funding according to Crunchbase, an online startup funding tracker.
Manufacturing, retail and trade reporter Shwanika Narayan can be reached at email@example.com or 323-556-8351. Follow her on Twitter @shwanika.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 28: Live Streaming on the Rise
- Happy Returns Raises $11 Million Led by PayPal
- Service Commits To Giving Back
- New ‘Experiential’ Jordan Brand Retail Shop Opens
- Macerich, Simon to Build 400,000-plus SF Retail Outlet Mall in Carson
- Many Happy Returns: Company Makes Sending Back an E-commerce Purchase Simple
- Strand Equity Invests in Van Leeuwen Ice Cream Brand
- Taste of Nature Announces Licensing Deal with Mrs. Fields Cookies