For Priscilla Chavez, the construction industry is more than just building. To her, it’s about breaking out of the traditional misbeliefs and discovering unique ways of making a difference in local communities. As the manager of diversity and inclusion at PCL Construction, Chavez oversees and manages community outreach, certified subcontractor relationships, local hiring requirements, local government and labor relations as well as small business development. As a certified compliance administrator, she has been recognized as the industry’s leading compliance professional in Southern California. Chavez also serves as the president of the National Association of Women In Construction Los Angeles Chapter.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Women in Construction & Design: Priscilla Chavez
- Diversity & Inclusion Summit: PRISCILLA CHAVEZ
- Diversity & Inclusion Summit: A Closer Look at the Discussions
- Diversity & Inclusion - Building a Diverse Team Panel: Janice Dollar
- Women of Influence, Construction & Design: Dr. Giovanna Brasfield
- Diversity & Inclusion Summit 2018: The Business Case for Workforce Development
- Who's Building L.A. (November 5): Skanska Women’s Network Helps to Develop Women in Construction
- Women in Construction & Design: Cathy Orquiola