Oren Bitan has an extensive legal background that includes business, real estate, banking, receivership law, consumer product, and commercial litigation. Bitan is known for his ability to solve complex business disputes for his clients in a strong but practical manner. He is a trusted advisor who guides his clients through their day-to-day legal concerns, and has particular expertise in disputes involving real estate, banking and mortgage fraud, creditors’ rights, film finance, and intellectual property.
Representative clients include banks and financial institutions, state and federal receivers, private investors and investment funds, private equity groups, real property developers, apparel manufacturers, breweries, consumer products companies, and corporate entities large and small. In the recent Crossroads Investors v. Federal National Mortgage Assn. case, Bitan successfully reversed denial of anti-SLAPP following the California Supreme Court granting petition for review that resulted in an order striking nearly all claims under the anti-SLAPP statute, including claims for wrongful foreclosure and fraud.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: MICHAEL MURPHY
- State Supreme Court Ruling Hailed by Speech Advocates
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: MATTHEW L. SEROR
- LA500 2020: Law
- Diversity & Inclusion - Building a Diverse Team Panel: Mira Hashmall
- State High Court to Decide Liability for Contractor Injuries
- Court May Widen SLAPP Protection