Kurt Peterson is a Partner at Reed Smith and has guided many of the largest health plans in California and the nation through their most complex litigation, regulatory and business challenges for three decades. With a long track record of trial court and appellate wins, Peterson leads Reed Smith’s industry leading Managed Care Practice Group and is recognized by Chambers as one of America’s Leading Healthcare Attorneys.
Peterson’s practice focuses on matters related to health care insurance and managed care plans as well as more generally on complex business disputes, false advertising, and unfair competition issues. He has defended health insurers and health plans against a variety of class action and individual claims, including unfair competition, fraud, bad faith, breach of contract, and ERISA issues. In addition, he has assisted health insurers and health plans with internal investigations, compliance with government subpoenas, and responses to government investigations. He has successfully handled hundreds of complex cases involving managed care and health insurance issues.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Junga Kim
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: MICHAEL K. BROWN
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: JANET H. KWUON
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: CRAIG HOLDEN
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: MILDRED SEGURA
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Amber Finch
- City Attorney Sues Blue Cross