Companies will also collaborate on broader audit solution
CPA.com, the technology subsidiary of the American Institute of CPAs, and CaseWare, a global provider of audit and analytic software, today announced they have teamed up to create a new solution for CPAs that will make preparation, compilation and review engagements more dynamic, intelligent and efficient.
The cloud-based solution, called OnPoint, eliminates repetitive tasks and integrates information from AICPA technical guides, giving practitioners a powerful, all-in-one tool for serving clients.
“Technology is reshaping the accounting practice, and the next big area to be transformed by automation, artificial intelligence and other innovation is audit and attest services,” said Erik Asgeirsson, president and CEO of CPA.com. “Today we’re announcing a solution geared toward the more than 20,000 firms that provide preparation, compilation and review services. This solution, which uses dynamic checklists to structure and manage engagements, will help CPA firms deliver the highest level of service to clients.”
OnPoint features include:
• Intelligent checklists to guide practitioners step-by-step through the engagement process, starting with customizable engagement letters
• Seamless collaboration between the firm and clients, with the ability to share files more securely than through email attachments
• Delivery over the CaseWare Cloud platform, which allows anywhere, anytime access with bank-grade encryption and other security features
• Integration with the latest AICPA technical guides
• Financial statement data and footnotes that can be updated with one click
• Dedicated on-boarding support for firms through CPA.com
“The marketplace is moving toward automated services faster than most practitioners recognize,” said Dwight Wainman, CEO of CaseWare. “OnPoint offers all the advantages of an intelligent solution, but also has the added benefit of integrating with the AICPA’s highly regarded technical guides. That’s difficult to match.”
As a cloud-based solution, OnPoint permits timely updates as technical issues change.
“Quality of service is a defining characteristic of the CPA profession, which is why the AICPA launched the Enhancing Audit Quality initiative and is collaborating on solutions such as OnPoint,” said Susan Coffey, CPA, CGMA, executive vice president of public practice for the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants. “Having the relevant technical information on hand while managing engagements is critical to providing the consistency and quality the profession requires in the preparation, compilation and review service lines.”
The collaboration between CPA.com and CaseWare was announced at the Digital CPA Conference, a leading event for driving technology adoption and practice management improvement within the accounting profession. More details about OnPoint will be available in early 2018. As part of their work together, the two companies are developing a broader audit solution for CPA firms.
Firms interested in more information about OnPoint can send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CaseWare International Inc. is the leading global provider of cloud enabled audit, financial reporting and data analytics solutions. With efficiency, quality and value in mind, CaseWare provides cutting-edge technology to accounting firms, businesses and government entities. Over 400,000 users, in 130 countries and in 16 languages, use CaseWare solutions.
CPA.com offers a growing list of products and services for practice management, client advisory services and professional development. The company has established itself as a thought leader on cloud technology and has been a driving force around the reemergence of virtual CFO/controller services by firms. In addition, CPA.com – in partnership with Confirmation.com – has developed the RIVIO Clearinghouse, an online financial document clearinghouse that enables private businesses to exchange key financial information with lenders and investors. CPA.com is a subsidiary of the American Institute of CPAs, the world’s largest member body representing the accounting profession.
For more information, visit CPA.com.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- CFO Awards: Financial Professionals Share Top Focus Issues in Survey
- Most Influential Women in Accounting: New Exam Available to Obtain New Fair Value Measurement Credential
- State of Accounting - Points of View from the Accounting Leaders' Desks: How Technology and Innovation are Driving the Future of Accounting
- Influential Women in Accounting: AICPA Recognizes Innovative Accounting Educators
- State of Accounting - Points of View from the Accounting Leaders' Desks. The Future of the CPA Profession: What Firms Need to Do to Keep Up
- Kenneth L. Goldman
- Most Influential Women in Accounting 2019: Cynthia Schoelen
- Mid-Year Economic Forecast: CPAs Believe Complex Financial Instruments Pose Risks